Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Updates

I realized I started to blog on 2 different topics, totally unrelated, and never followed up on either one of them.

My September 15th post, Get Lost Frizz
AND
I'm just shady like that (a classic tale)

First, an update on my Keratin treatment. I loved it! My after results were amazing. For those of you who are Facebook users, search Snapdragon Studio, in Phoenix and check out the before & after photos. The only bad news is, you cannot and should NOT ever use any products with SODIUM SULFATE in it. Super no, no. Well, I guess our friends at Bumble & Bumble reformulated their thickening spray, without telling anyone. Guess what new ingredient they added? Yes, the devil. So as much as I loved the treatment, I noticed it fading really fast. For the amount of money I paid, I expected a little more wear to come from this. I casually mentioned it to my hairdresser and she asked "do you have the Thickening spray or the Thickening Hairspray?" There's a difference? I went home and checked, and I had the "hairspray" version, which apparently is the new one with the sodium sulfate in it. I spent weeks being super careful and trying not to wash my hair unless needed to preserve my treatment, meanwhile I was stripping the treatment the entire time. Total bummer. Ladies, always check the bottle, even if you used it forever.

Now on to me, Miss "Shady", my nightmare co-worker has given her notice. (HOOOORRRAAYYY!) one less thing to deal with at work. I felt indifferent toward her for awhile, but then as she became more negative and bitchy (hard to imagine that is possible) I became more withdrawn and annoyed with her presence. I just couldn't wrap my head around how an adult could act this way and get away with it for 3 years. I just don't get it. I am glad she left before things got ugly. In addition to her stunt with me, she alienated the entire group here at work and made it pretty apparent that she was doing us all a favor by showing up. The only down fall is that I have to pick of the slack of her work. Which honestly, is better than dealing with her childish shit all day. I have feeling she will not be missed, and there will be no tears shed on her last day. I guess in the end, we all get what we deserve. Being "Shady" paid off after all.

No comments: